Window or Mirror?

A book I have recently finished is called
Gunner by Judy Andrekson. It is a biography. I chose this book because it is very similar to me and my life, but also very different. This book is both a mirror and a window for me. A mirror would be a book that you relate to in some way. A window would be something new or different for you. I ride horses and in Gunner, the main character, Heather, rides horses too. She loves taking care of Gunner and would do anything for him. The book is based several miles north of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Heather has a son named Wesley. Wesley loves Gunner too. In this book, Gunner gets lost during the horrible hurricane Katrina. It was almost three months until they found Gunner. He was not doing great. The vets said he should get put down, but Heather was determined to save him. After long months of recovery, Gunner was finally better. This has not happened to me, but I love horses just as much as Heather. 

I think this is a mirror because I rode horses and have multiple horses just like Heather. This is also a window because I am not an adult, I don’t have a child, and I don’t live in Louisiana. Overall, I think I am very similar to Heather and I would definitely recommend this book.